Since 1741, this building has housed the Pósito de trigo, whose function was the storage of cereals that guaranteed the food of the community in times of famine. It was a place of great importance, and it is not surprising to find it next to the town hall building. At the beginning of the 20th century, the incipient local bourgeoisie acquired it to use as a casino, in accordance with the social changes that were taking place.
The remodeling project was commissioned by one of the first-class architects, Pedro Cerdán, who knew how to give it a noble and modern look. The staircase, the reading room and the ballroom are composed of modernist elements reminiscent of similar buildings from the rest of the region.